On December 18, 2017, an action plan for the implementation of the direction of the program "Digital economy of the Russian Federation" was approved at a meeting of the Government Commission on the use of information technologies in order to improve the quality of life and the conditions of doing business. The plan was prepared by the SKOLKOVO Foundation competence center in cooperation with the Ministry of economic development of Russia, the working group of the direction ANO "Digital economy of the Russian Federation" with the participation of more than 400 representatives of the expert community. It provides for the preparation of more than 50 packages of legislative measures covering both Civil and Tax codes as well as the laws on personal data, information, communication and other regulatory documents. Adoption of these bills is planned in 2018-2019.
The action plan identifies the following priorities:
- to create the legal conditions for the formation of a single digital environment of trust;
- to create the legal conditions for the formation of the sphere of electronic civil turnover;
- to provide a favourable legal environment for data collection, storage and processing;
- to create the legal conditions for the most effective use of the results of intellectual activity in the digital economy;
- to provide legal conditions for the introduction and usage of innovative technologies in the financial market;
- to adopt regulations to stimulate the development of the digital economy;
- to implement a complex of measures on improvement of mechanisms of standardization;
- to create the legal conditions in the sphere of legal proceedings and notaries in connection with the development of the digital economy;
- to create the legal conditions for the introduction of new reporting rules, including statistical information;
- to determine the position of the Russian Federation on issues that contribute to the development of the digital economy and the harmonization of approaches in this area in the UEU.
At the second stage of the program implementation, it is planned to create a permanent mechanism in order to manage changes and competencies (knowledge) in the field of digital economy regulation. Two main documents will be developed for this purpose:
- a draft concept of complex legal regulation of relations arising in connection with the development of the digital economy;
- a draft concept of the organization of the process of changes in the field of digital economy regulation.
What is more, a number of studies will be conducted:
- the ability to translate the rules of law into machine-readable form and automation of their execution, development of language and tools for the description of self-executing contracts;
- on the formation of a single digital space, taking into account the legal regulation of the use of artificial intelligence for the purposes of socio-economic planning;
- in the field of development of legislation on robotics and cyber-physical systems, including the definition of the concept of cyber-physical systems, the order of putting them into the operation and civil circulation, the definition of responsibility.